Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Acconcement: No support for webOS! Options · View
RalfE
SmartRunner SmartRunner Support
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 1:46:28 PM

We have made the decision what we don't longer support and maintain the webOS Smartrunner app. The unsure future of webOS led us to this decision.

We see the future in iPhone, Android and Windows Phone primary. Thanks to the track sync you get the existing tracks back on the new apps.

Sorry guys for the bad news.
Best regards,
Ralf

Developer for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7
Chris
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:40:35 PM

I can understand the decision in not upgrading or adding features to the app, but at present, the app is broken, and refusing to fix it for customers that paid for it is rather low and ridiculous.
Oscar.X
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:24:42 AM

+1
Tom
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:06:07 PM

Chris wrote:
I can understand the decision in not upgrading or adding features to the app, but at present, the app is broken, and refusing to fix it for customers that paid for it is rather low and ridiculous.

Chris is right. Do you think any of us will bother to buy Smartrunner on any other platform if you can't be bothered to push what is probably a simple update to fix the app? It's got all the features we want, it just needs to work again! Way to go with your poor customer relations. I paid for this app. Only a couple of weeks ago I told someone about how good it was. Now I won't, as I know you don't support your customers.

Your loss.
RalfE
#5 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 1:27:14 PM

We were told that we don't support problems arising from new webOS versions or devices. That was the decision our management came up.
Best regards,
Ralf

Developer for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7
Yarpen
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:25:58 PM

RalfE wrote:
We were told that we don't support problems arising from new webOS versions or devices. That was the decision our management came up.

Using low quality eristic trics you are avoiding answering the question.
The new version of WebOS has been delivered by HP and it is your ethical business obligation - to deliver a working solution for commercial customers.
If there is a button 'I don't like it" - I click it now.
Shame on you :(
Thomas Voß
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:35:35 PM

Hi SmartRunners, we made this decision because of strong incompatibility with newer WebOS updates:

SmartRunner will continue to work on WebOS up to v2.1.2, though. From v2.1.2 on we can no longer guarantee complete functionality of SmartRunner. One solution would be to downgrade your WebOS-Version to v2.1.2 to continue using SmartRunner. The Pre 3 is not supported at all.

It is not our intention to upset you. I do not know if this helps you: we would offer you a one year pro membership (until now this is for the website only, but in a few weeks, SmartRunner for iPhone and Android will sync this membership so you can access all the pro features in the app, too). Please write us an email (support[at]smartrunner.com) if you would like to get this free pro membership.
Viera
#8 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 2:40:45 AM

SmartSunner is still showing in App Catalog on webOS 2.2.4 (as of today February 9, 2012). I just bought the Pro version in order to find out it's not working properly (sync is not working, tack saving is not working and voice announcements are not working).

You should remove it from 2.2.4 catalog and offer refunds to those who bought it!

On the side note of your company decision not to support webOS 2.1 and higher ... shame on you! ... the update can't be so hard, there are many users out there using it.
Thomas Voß
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:20:52 AM

Hi Viera, you are right. We already requested HP for the suspension of the app.

We are sorry for the trouble with the WebOS app. We really tried to make it work with all devices and the former versions of WebOS until v2.1.2. But the uncertain future of WebOS, the few downloads and the great effort it takes each time there is a new version of WebOS led us to the decision to stop.
äxel
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:22:41 AM

very disappointed that you dropped support! the app did really good for me. will not recommend your app on any other platform, guess that's the only thing I can do about it.
Herrie
#11 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 7:00:11 AM

I am also very disappointed you dropped the support, especially because it is still available for sale, but doesn't work anymore on 2.2.x!

Any chance you could publish the source code so the community could work on a new version of it that would support 2.2.x? This was one of the best workout tracker tools available!

Now I can only use MojoTracker and upload the GPX to the SmartRunner website, but an integrated app would be so much better!
-
#12 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 4:04:59 PM

How do we get a refund? I've paid for something that doesn't work, so I want my money back please.
Cjlooney256
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:22:51 PM

I moved from the Palm Pre to the HTC Vivid (Android 4.0) two weeks ago. I had the Smartrunner Pro on the Palm and would like to put it on my HTC. As I understand it, the Android version is still in beta, but that really wouldn't be a problem for me. My question is: How do I download my paid version to my new phone?
I understand your decision to discontinue updates for the Web OS platform. Basically following suit with HP - they aren't doing anything with the Palms any longer, either. Why dish out money for support on a software that will be completely obsolete within 3 years. However I can't agree with the stand of not fixing existing problems. My condolences to those that are still using Palms. I share your pain. I've had Palms for 13 years, (still carry my old Tungsten) and it was a tough decision to move away.