Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Doesn't upload tracks/workouts to smartrunner.com Options · View
Boblebad
#1 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 6:33:31 PM

It worked once.
Did a test with Smartrunner on when I went for a walk to the gas station. That one is available under "My Data" on the webpages. I later did two runs downhill skiing which for some reason refuse to upload.

If I change my details on the web and do a sync, the changes are updated on my phone so some parts of the syncing are working.
Eric
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:27:00 PM

I have the same problem, upload doesn't work, indeed once it did, download of tracks does work if I uninstall and reinstall app, but it should upload of course. I use pro version. Before latest version I never had a problem, I am using the app for more than a year now.
RalfE
SmartRunner SmartRunner Support
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:36:45 PM

We preparing a new version and optimizing it for mango. This will take some time. I would suggest to register for the beta program.
Best regards,
Ralf

Developer for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7
Richard Udiljak
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:32:46 PM

Same here...only first track uploaded. I tried to login / logut several times and then I tried "change and validate login", which deleted my last track. :-(
Richard Udiljak
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 11:57:13 PM

hmmmm...maybe I have an old app for the phone. I have ver. 2.5 but on Zune there is newer version, ver. 2.6. Haven't been able to download it though because Zune is a crappy software that requires me to use a Swedish windows live id instead of my old hotmail account, which I have been using for a long time now. I even created a swedish windows live id and added the account on my phone, but Zune still only complains about the old hotmail acount.

Probably should buy an Iphone and save me all the trouble with this Windows-crap!
RalfE
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:57:38 PM

A hotmail account is a Windows Live ID - did you use this account then setup your Wp7 device? I can't imagine if you got trouble with this but if so I would suggest visiting a Microsoft forum for support if you are interesting in solving the problem.
Best regards,
Ralf

Richard Udiljak
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 11:27:03 AM

Thanks for the response Ralf!

You are right, but for some reason Microsoft want to make sure I use a "Swedish account". However my hotmail account is quite old and back then there were no Swedish hotmail accounts. :-)

Nevertheless - yesterday my latest track uploaded again. - Yippie! Maybe it was just a temporary problem?!

/Richard
Alex Richards
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:25:25 PM

Hi, I seem to have the same problem with tracks not uploading. How can I sign up for the beta version mentioned?

Thanks
A
RalfE
#9 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 3:18:57 PM

@Alex: Please mail me at ralf.ehlert@smartrunner.com with your Windows Live ID. Then the new beta is ready you get a mail with the download link.
Best regards,
Ralf

Richard Udiljak
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:09:17 PM

The app keep malfunctioning, even after uninstall and successful reinstall using my new windows live account. Today I got an error message when trying to save the track and it kept displaying "prepare upload..." but nothing happened. Had to cancel and discard the track.

I give up. :-(

Bought myself a Garmin Forerunner 110 today (couldn't use it for today's run since the battery had to be charged first) and I hope it will work well. It's really too bad that I can't get Smartrunner to work, because I really like the interface.

Maybe the next version of the app will work better.

/Richard
nick
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:31:40 PM

I have two test rides which have been recorded on my phone but only one will upload. Have tried numerous times but will not work.
nick
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:39:22 PM

I'm sorry but this software is rubbish. It's full of bugs and unreliable. Have ditched it from my phone and gone to Mapmyride
-
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:10:44 PM

Same problem here. it doesn't upload my data. When is the next version coming?
-
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:27:47 PM

Just send a mail to support but they are on holiday untill the end of august. Í'm going to use Endomodo hope that one works better.
I preffered smartrunner but this can't be happening, firts problem is recorded in feb, now it's August and still it's not working.
Lutz
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:39:08 PM

Workaround:

If you update your "Smartrunner login-data" using your App's "Smartrunner-settings" (sorry, i don't know how it is called in the english version) it will be able to upload the tracks without any problems.

So:

- update the settings
- work out :-)
- save your track (it will update; check your website)
- update the settings again ....

At least this will help you saving your tracks until they release a new version.

Have fun

Lutz
detritus73
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:28:02 AM

Sjoerd van den Nieuwenhof wrote:
Just send a mail to support but they are on holiday untill the end of august. Í'm going to use Endomodo hope that one works better.
I preffered smartrunner but this can't be happening, firts problem is recorded in feb, now it's August and still it's not working.

@Sjoerd van den Nieuwenhof: how do you know about support being on holydays until the end of august?
Steffen
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:07:55 PM

I have the same problem now. I have bought the Pro Version on Web OS on my last Phone and now on Windows Phone 7.

I think from february to august is too much time for such a big bug in the program. I will try Endomondo or Runtastic now.
Lutz
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:33:33 PM

Steffen wrote:
I have the same problem now. I have bought the Pro Version on Web OS on my last Phone and now on Windows Phone 7.

I think from february to august is too much time for such a big bug in the program. I will try Endomondo or Runtastic now.

Hi Steffen,

did you tried the "Workaround"? (just a few postings above :-) )

Cya

Lutz
Kevin Hick
#19 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:22:21 AM

I'm having the same problem on Windows Phone 8. Is there an update to the app due to fix this?