Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Cant Get SmartRunner to Track My Distance Options · View
Melissa
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:51:54 PM

Help! I use an iphone 4 and I have been using SmartRunner for a long time and I am very happy! I'm even # 37 in the league this year! But all of a sudden (like in the last week), when I tell SmartRunner to start, the time will start ticking but it won't measure my distance at all, and I'll say ok Finish route and SmartRunner will say "No route points recorded. Route is not saved." I have to try to start up like 10-15 times before it will actually measure my distance and start to work. But I was just going for a run and I have started up the app like 20 times with no luck. I uninstalled the app on my phone and re-installed from the app store - but no help.! I want to keep using SmartRunner but this is driving me crazy! Any advice?
Thanks!
Melissa
-
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:23:32 AM

I've got the same problem. Also on iPhone 4. Maybe a problem with iOS 6?
Pete
#3 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 11:09:32 AM

I have the same problem Melissa - I start tracking a run, and I can see the time ticking and the map moving with the GPS and it all looks like it's working fine. Then I tap Finish and every time I get the same error: "No route points recorded. Route is not saved."

I'm running SmartRunner v2.8 on an older iPhone 3GS, so I don't think the issue is limited to iPhone4 and later OS versions.

Looks like an application issue to me. I tried emailing support@smartrunner.com but they just directed me to the forum. Hopefully they'll fix this soon!

Pete.
Zardoc
#4 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 8:27:41 AM

I had the same problem too, but perhaps this is th fix: before starting your activity, you have to wait the GPS fixing (the bars on the top right must be flashing green). Only after that the distance counter begin to start.
Let me kow if this trick works!
Bye, Zardoc
Greg
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 4:11:51 PM

Same problem here as well. Only tracking tracking time is still working properly. It happened since I started to use a iphone 5s. The performance till then was good, no complaints. Pls help urgently SmartRunnner Team. I've sent two emails to your info-inbox but no reply so far
serge
#6 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 8:26:00 AM

Got the same problem, tried everything (also remove the app, and install it again). Advice from support was to look at this forum, but i see no solution here. Problem started sind i have iOS 7 and a iphone 5. Has anyone a solution or another app that works fine??? Don't want to... because I lose my 2 years sporting history, but want to record my sporting activity's again.
serge
#7 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 1:35:28 PM

Solution is: 'refresh apps in background' has to be ON for the Smartrunner.